Looking for a perfect easy fall dessert recipe? Look no further! These Peanut Butter OREO Acorn Truffles need only 5 ingredients, can be made quickly, and taste delicious!
- 1 package peanut butter OREOs
- 1 package regular cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz. melting chocolate
- Brown sprinkles
- Peanut butter chips
- In a food processor, pulse the oreos until they are fine crumbs.
- Add the cream cheese to the oreo crumbs and pulse again, making sure the mixture is very well blended.
- If the mixture is too soft to handle, pop it in the fridge to firm up a bit before proceeding.
- Pinch off tablespoon sized pieces of the mixture and form it into acorn shapes. To make an acorn shape, form the mixture into an elongated ball, then pinch one end to make it slightly tapered.
- Place the acorns on a baking sheet lined with wax paper and place them in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
- After the acorns have hardened, melt the melting chocolate according to package instructions.
- Keep half of the acorns in the freezer while you work on the first half to keep them firm.
- To dip, place 1 acorn in the melted chocolate. Use a fork to roll it around in the chocolate, then you can remove it with the fork and tap off any excess chocolate.
- Move the coated acorn to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Continue this process until all of the acorns are coated in chocolate.
- Allow them to harden at room temperature. While they are setting, fill a small bowl with the sprinkles. Once set, dip the top portion of the acorn into the chocolate then dip that portion into the bowl with chocolate sprinkles.
- Using a fork, place a drop of melted chocolate on the bottom of the peanut butter chips and press it on the top of the acorns.
- Return the acorns to the baking sheet to allow the peanut butter chips to set a few minutes. After they are set, serve! Store leftovers in a container in the refrigerator.
Keywords: acorn truffles