Peanut butter lovers, this recipe is for you! Smooth, creamy Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting is the perfect way to top chocolate cake or cupcakes!
- 2 cups unsalted butter
- 1 lb. powdered sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2–3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Place butter, and peanut butter in a mixing bowl and beat together with a hand mixer.
- Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Stir in cream and vanilla and beat until frosting is smooth and creamy!
- Can be stored at room temperature up to 3 days
- Adjust for thickness by varying the amount of sugar and/or heavy cream
Keywords: peanut butter buttercream, peanut butter frosting, peanut butter icing