Peach Cobbler Pound Cake combines two of of your favorite desserts. Made with fresh peaches, this easy dessert recipe is perfect for summer potlucks!
- 2 medium to large peaches, pitted and diced
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature +extra for pan
- 2 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, toss together diced peaches and 1/4 cup flour to coat. Set aside.
- Butter a 10 inch bundt pan generously.
- In a small bowl mix 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Add cinnamon sugar to bundt and toss to coat all sides. Pour out any extra and discard.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer , cream together butter and 2 cups of sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla, then add eggs one at a time, beating in between.
- In a medium bowl mix together remaining 2 3/4 cups flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients, stirring well to blend.
- Fold in peaches and pour into the prepared pan (batter will be very thick.)
- Bake 1 hour 10 minute or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry.
- Allow cake to cool in pan for 20 minutes before inverting on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving if desired.
- Make up to two days ahead and store in refrigerator wrapped in plastic wrap
- I do not recommend freezing this cake
- You can substitute well-drained canned peaches for fresh if necessary
- If using salted butter, omit listed salt from recipe
Keywords: peach cobbler pound cake