Get ready to make the easiest dessert ever-super indulgent Dark Chocolate Oreo Mint Truffles!
- 1 package Mint Oreos
- 8 oz package of cream cheese (the recipe turns out just as good with light cream cheese)
- 10 oz bag of dark chocolate morsels
- sprinkles (optional)
- Place Oreos in a food processor and pulse until finely crumbed.
- Transfer crumbs to a stand mixer and add cream cheese, mix on medium speed until well blended, scraping sides as needed.
- Roll cookie/cheese mixture into 1.5″ balls and place on wax paper lined plate.
- Freeze balls for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, microwave dark chocolate morsels 45 seconds at a time, stirring afterwards, until melted.
- Use a fork to dip the truffles in the chocolate and turn to coat.
- Scoop the truffle out using the fork (don’t pierce it, just scoop the fork underneath) and tap on the side of the bowl a few times to remove excess chocolate.
- Set the truffle on a wax paper covered plate to firm up. If you want to add sprinkles as I did, do it immediately after dipping before the chocolate hardens.
- Place truffles in the freezer 45 minutes to completely harden before serving.
- Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Keywords: mint OREO truffle