Make-ahead breakfast burritos are easy to assemble and freeze for a grab-on-the-go breakfast the entire family will love.
- 6 burrito-sized flour tortillas
- 6 eggs
- 24 oz package Wright Brand Hickory Bacon
- 20 oz frozen shredded hash browns, cooked
- shredded cheddar cheese
- parchment paper for wrapping burritos, if freezing burritos
- toppings if desired: chopped avocado, salsa, pico de gallo, etc
- Cook bacon until crisp and chop into small pieces.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs until blended then scramble until just set.
- Assemble the burritos: Lay 6 pieces of parchment paper on the counter (if freezing). Lay tortilla on the parchment paper and top with a scoop of hash browns, bacon, eggs, and top with cheese. Fold in the sides of the tortilla over the filling and roll, tucking in the edges as you go. Wrap in parchment paper.
- To freeze burritos: Lay in a single layer on baking sheet and freeze for at least two hours, then transfer to large freezer bag for up to 3 months.
- To reheat frozen burritos: Unwrap and place on a microwave-safe plate. Cover the burrito with a damp paper towel and microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds. Check the burrito, and if necessary, continue to heat at 30 second intervals until heated through.
- Microwaving too long will make the burrito hard. Be sure to cover with a damp paper towel and check every 30 seconds after the first minute and a half.
Keywords: breakfast burrito