Kentucky Derby Pie is a classic dessert recipe that tastes like a Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie! An easy dessert recipe perfect for entertaining!
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Kentucky bourbon (optional)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup pecan halves, plus additional for garnish if desired
- 1 frozen deep dish unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pie shell on a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl combine sugars and melted butter.
- Add eggs and vanilla (and bourbon if using) and stir until uniform.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Fold in 1 cup of pecans and chocolate chips.
- Pour into pie shell. Add additional pecans for decoration if desired.
- Bake one hour or until middle is just set. Allow to cool on a rack 15 minutes before slicing.
Keywords: kentucky, derby, pie, pecan