Instant Pot Boiled Peanuts are an easy to make Southern snack that can be made in a fraction of the time of traditional boiled peanuts.
- 1 pound green peanuts (raw but not dried)
- 1/2 cup salt
- 10 cups of water
- Rinse peanuts in a colander under cold running water until the water runs clear.
- Place peanuts in Instant Pot and add salt and water. Stir to mix.
- Place the trivet on top of the peanuts to help keep them under the water.
- Put the top on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to sealing. Set the Instant Pot to manual and the timer to 75 minutes.
- After the time is up allow to naturally vent for at least 30 minutes. Quick release any remaining steam and drain in a colander.
- Shell and enjoy!
- To prepare in a slow cooker follow the same recipe but cook in the slow cooker on high 12-14 hours or until the desired softness and saltiness is reached.
- To prepare on the stovetop use the same recipe in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 4 hours or until the desired softness and saltiness is reached.
Keywords: istant pot boiled peanuts