Instant Pot Beef Tips are tender and flavorful thanks to pressure cooking in a savory brown gravy. Serve these easy beef tips over mashed potatoes or rice for the ultimate comfort food meal.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds beef tips *see note
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 10.5 ounce can condensed French onion soup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set Instant Pot to sauté mode. Add olive oil and meat to the pot.
- Brown meat on all side and remove to a plate.
- Add butter and onion to the pot. Cook until onion is tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Return meat to the Instant Pot along with any juices. Add broth, soup, Worcestershire, and bay leaf.
- Close Instant Pot and set to manual high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Allow to vent naturally for 20 minutes before carefully venting and removing top.
- Set to sauté mode.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch with 1/3 cup water. stir until smooth.
- Add to gravy and stir until thickened. Turn off sauté mode and season to taste with salt and pepper.
You may use any cut of meat for the beef tips: tenderloin, sirloin, or even chuck roast can all be cut into 2 inch pieces. You can also use pre-cut stew meat.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 293
- Sugar: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 507.6 mg
- Fat: 13.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.4 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 34 g
- Cholesterol: 99.4 mg
Keywords: Instant Pot Beef Tips