It is easy to learn how to make gravy without drippings. This easy homemade gravy needs no drippings, just a few simple ingredients. While it is easy enough for weeknight dinners, it is especially perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey and ham!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups turkey, chicken, beef, or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
Turkey or Chicken Gravy - use turkey or chicken broth, add in 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning, 3/4 teaspoon onion powder, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Brown Gravy - use beef broth, 1/2 teaspoon each onion and garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon Better than Bouillion
White Country Gravy - substitute milk for the broth or stockand add freshly ground pepper if desired
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add flour to the butter and whisk continuously until there are no lumps, cooking for one minute.
- Slowly add broth while continuing to whisk.
- Cook 5-7 minutes or until thickened, continuing to whisk the entire time.
- Remove pan from heat and season to taste with salt.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3 days.
Freeze in a freezer-safe container up to 3 months. You can also freeze the gravy in an ice cube tray then transfer to a freezer bag for single-serve portions.
Reheat gravy over medium heat on the stovetop, adding a little extra broth or water as needed.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 0.9 g
- Sodium: 754.9 mg
- Fat: 11.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.8 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 1.9 g
- Cholesterol: 33 mg
Keywords: gravy without drippings