Are you looking for an easy and quick way to make delicious steak strips? Then you need to know how to cook tri-tip steak strips on the stove! This easy 20 minute recipe is sure to be one of your favorite steak recipes.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 pounds tri-tip steak, 1" thick
- Trim any excess fat from either side of your steak.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add olive oil to the pan.
- When the oil is hot, add the steak strips to the skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste (you can also add an easy recipe for a dry rub of your choice).
- Sear the steak strips for 2 minutes per side.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook the steak 6-8 minutes for medium doneness or 9-11 minutes for well done. Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness.
- Remove the steak from the skillet to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Slice the steak into strips with a very sharp knife against the grain and serve. Enjoy!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 311
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 120.1 mg
- Fat: 11.3 g
- Trans Fat:
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 48.6 g
- Cholesterol: 136 mg
Keywords: skillet tri-tip steak