Mouth-watering homemade Tzatziki Sauce is a classic Greek dip recipe. Tangy yogurt combines with cucumber and dill for a sauce perfect for dipping vegetables or adding to gyros or burgers.
- 3 cups plain Greek yogurt
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large English cucumber
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grate cucumber into a bowl.
- Wrap in a cheesecloth (improvise with a few layers of paper towel if you don’t have cheesecloth) and squeeze or press through a sieve to remove as much moisture as possible.
- In a food processor combine cucumber, garlic, and lemon juice. Pulse until combined. (For a smoother texture pulse more, for a chunkier dip pulse less.)
- Stir mixture into yogurt until uniform, add dill if desired or wait until just before serving.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Top with a dollop of olive oil if desired before serving.