Create your own homemade version of Limoncello, a classic Italian lemon liquor.
- 6 lemons
- 750 ml vodka
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- Zest lemons being sure not to go too deep-you want only the zest, not the white portion of the peel
- Combine the zest with the vodka in a large jar or pitcher.
- Cover and keep in a dark, cool place for 10 days.
- Strain zest out with a cheesecloth and discard zest.
- Simmer sugar and water in a pan, stirring, until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Allow sugar mixture to cool and add to vodka mixture.
- Keep in refrigerator for up to one month.