Japanese Clear Soup is a classic hibachi starter that is flavorful, healthy, and easier than you think to make at home!
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (can use canola oil or peanut oil to substitute)
- 1 sweet onion
- 2 carrots or about a cup of carrots slices
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 inch piece fresh ginger
- 4 cups beef broth
- 6 cups chicken broth
- mushrooms and green onion for serving
- Chop vegetables into 1 inch pieces.
- In a large stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add vegetables and sear to caramelize the outside. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add both broths to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove veggies.
- Serve with thinly sliced mushroom and chopped green onion.
Keywords: Japanese clear soup