Japanese Clear Soup is a classic hibachi starter that is flavorful, healthy, and easier than you think to make at home!
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (can use canola oil or peanut oil to substitute)
- 1 onions, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 inches fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups beef broth
- 4 cups water
- mushrooms and green onion for serving
- Chop vegetables into 1 inch pieces.
- In a large stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add vegetables and sear to caramelize the outside. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add both broths and water to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove veggies.
- Serve with thinly sliced mushroom and chopped green onion.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 55
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 963.1 mg
- Fat: 2.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.1 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 3.7 mg
Keywords: Japanese clear soup