There aren’t many summer dessert better than a simple, fresh Strawberry Crisp! Fresh strawberries are covered with a crumbly, buttery oat topping perfect for topping with vanilla ice cream or a healthy dollop of whipped cream!
For the filling:
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
For the topping:
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9″ by 9″ baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, mix strawberries, 1/4 cup sugar, and cornstarch. Stir to mix. Pour into prepared dish.
- In another bowl combine flour, oats, sugars, and spices. Stir to mix.
- Add melted butter and mix thoroughly until uniformly crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumble mixture evenly over strawberries.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until crumble is golden and filling bubbling.
- Don’t skip the cornstarch, it is what keeps the crumble from being soggy.
- Use fresh, overripe, or frozen strawberries. If using frozen strawberries thaw beforehand and blot out excess juice.
Keywords: strawberry crisp