It’s easy to make Authentic Pasta Carbonara with just 5 ingredients and 15 minutes! This Italian comfort food recipe is full of bacon and smothered in a cheese & egg sauce that will have you craving it time and again!
- 8 pieces of thick cut bacon
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 16 oz angel hair pasta
- Cook pasta according to package directions, reserving the water it cooked in.
- While the pasta is cooking combine eggs and cheese in a small bowl and set aside.
- Chop bacon into 1/2″ pieces and cook in a large saucepan over medium high heat until brown.
- Reduce heat to low and add garlic to the pan.
- Cook for one minute.
- Remove from heat and add pasta and 1/2 cup of the reserved water.
- Quickly stir in egg and cheese mixture and continue to stir until egg mixture thickens-the residual heat from the pasta will cook the egg but you have to move quickly so that you don’t end up with scrambled eggs!
- You may add additional reserved water if your sauce is too thick.
- Make sure the reserved water is still very hot when you add it to the pasta to ensure the eggs are cooked. If it has cooled you may rewarm it in the microwave.
- For the best results use freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Reheat on the stove for best results. Add olive oil a teaspoon at a time if pasta appears dry.
Keywords: pasta carbonara