This easy coconut macaroon recipe is even better dipped in delicious chocolate! Only six ingredients and ready in an hour!
- 14 ounce bag sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 container Baker’s Dipping Chocolate (or 7 oz milk chocolate melted per package directions)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a stand mixer , combine egg whites and salt and beat on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl combine coconut, vanilla extract, and sweetened condensed milk until thoroughly blended. Fold in egg whites and mix.
- Use two spoons or a cookie scoop to form balls of dough mixture and place one inch apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, checking every 6 minutes or so and turning as necessary to prevent uneven browning. Remove from oven when golden brown on the top and sides.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
- Once cookies are completely cool you may dip in chocolate if desired. Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Melt dipping chocolate according to package instructions and dip the bottom of cookies in the chocolate and place on prepared baking sheet. Chill to set chocolate.
- Use a spoon to also “tidy” the cookie up before popping in the oven also. This helps make sure the stray coconut bits don’t burn.
- When baking, check them often!! I set my timer for every six minutes to check them in the oven and rotate the pan if one side or the top and bottom seems to be baking unevenly. Mine usually take between 12 and 15 minutes, as the oven opens and closes the temperature will go down and they may take longer to bake. You want to take them out just as they turn golden brown on the top and edges.
- Store in airtight container for up to a week.
- To freeze, layer with parchment paper in airtight container and store in freezer up to three months.
Keywords: coconut macaroons