It’s easy to make seasoned rotisserie style chicken at home with this delicious Crockpot Whole Chicken recipe!
- Whole Chicken (I used Sonoma Red Organic Pasture Raised Chicken from Perdue Farms)
- salt and pepper
- Herbes de Provence
- Add a rack or balls of aluminum foil to the bottom of a slow cooker (see notes)
- Remove giblets from chicken and rinse with water. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place chicken in slow cooker and season generously with spices.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or until internal temperature reaches 165° Fahrenheit (75° Celsius)
- It’s best to elevate the chicken in the crock pot so that it isn’t sitting in it’s own juices, unless you’re planning on shredding it. If you’re like to remove the chicken whole, set it on a rack or ball up aluminum foil and set it on the foil balls to raise it up about an inch.
- You can season the chicken however you like. I like to use salt, pepper, and Herbes de Provence.
- The chicken should be cooked through in 3 to 4 hours but it is best to use a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the thigh (not touching the bone) to ensure it reaches 165° Fahrenheit (75° Celsius)
Keywords: slow cooker whole chicken