Ready for an easy potato recipe that will change your life? These crispy smashed baby potatoes are crisp and buttery on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. Paired with a delicious garlic cheese dip, this is easily going to be your new favorite go-to side dish!
For the potatoes:
- 1.5 pounds baby potatoes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- parsley for garnish (optional)
For the dip:
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place potatoes in a large stockpot of water. Heat on high until boiling. Cook at a rolling boil for 25 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Meanwhile, mix together sour cream, cheese, garlic, garlic salt, and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve with potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Drain potatoes and allow to cool in the colander for 5-10 minutes.
- Place potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Use the bottom of a glass to smash each potato and flatten them to about ½ inch thick.
- In a small bowl combine melted butter and olive oil. Brush mixture over the potatoes and then season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip, and bake an additional 15 minutes or until they reach the desired crispiness. Serve garnished with chopped parsley and garlic cheese dip.
Keywords: smashed baby potatoes