Perfectly seasoned chicken drumsticks that bake up crispy on the outside and tender and juicy inside. This is my family’s favorite weeknight recipe!
- 3 lb chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- At least an hour before cooking rinse and pat dry chicken. Lay in a single layer on a baking sheet to allow to dry out. Blot with a paper towel before seasoning. (For non-crispy skin simply rinse and pat dry.)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with a rack on top.
- Combine all spices in a small bowl and mix.
- Place prepared chicken in a large bowl and sprinkle with spices. Turn to coat each piece completely. Place chicken in a single layer on prepared pan with rack.
- Bake for 50 minutes turning chicken after 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately!
This recipe can be made with any chicken leg piece, including chicken thighs.
Keywords: chicken legs, chicken drumsticks, chicken thighs, baked