Making Mushroom Risotto is easier than you think! This easy risotto recipe is packed full of flavor and is the perfect side dish for most chicken, beef, or pork main dishes!
- In a medium heavy saucepan, heat the butter and oil on medium-high heat.
- Add onions and mushrooms, saute until onions are translucent.
- Add the arborio rice and cook one minute while stirring constantly.
- Add 2 cups of beef broth, or enough to just cover the rice and vegetables. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring often.
- As the broth evaporates continue to add more, one cup at a time so that the broth level is always just covering the rice.
- Continue to cook for 20-25 minutes until the rice is al dente-it may not require the full 32 oz of broth.
- Remove from heat, allow to rest 5 minutes then serve topped with parsley and parmesan.
- Use room temperature broth, not cold
- Only add enough broth at a time to just cover the risotto
- Stir often, every few minutes
Keywords: risotto recipe, mushroom risotto recipe