Cream Cheese Cookies are a soft, chewy treat that are absolutely addicting! They are easy to make and after refrigerating the dough, they bake up in just ten minutes!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1.5 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cornstarch. Stir and set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer , cream together cream cheese and butter until blended.
- Add sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add dry mix to the wet while mixing on low until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Cover the dough and chill at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Coat hands in powdered sugar and roll the dough into 1-2 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until just set and edges begin to darken.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving if desired.
- Use room temperature cream cheese and butter so they blend together well.
- Measure flour properly: stir the flour with a spoon to loosen it, use a separate scoop to pour it into your measuring cup, and then use a knife to level it off.
- Don't skip refrigerating the dough, it is very sticky and this step is necessary.
- Coat hands with a bit of powdered sugar when rolling the dough into balls to prevent sticking. Do the same when flattening the dough as well.
- Bake until edges just start to darken, then remove from the oven. This time may vary by oven and elevation so watch them closely for best results!
Keywords: cream cheese cookies