This 30-minute Copycat Carnival Chocolate Melting Cake recipe lets you enjoy your favorite indulgent vacation dessert at home in your own kitchen!
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small pan, melt chocolate and butter together until smooth, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together eggs, vanilla, and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Add flour and stir until smooth.
- When chocolate is cool (after about 10-15 minutes) stir into egg mixture (don’t do this when the chocolate is too hot or you’ll end up with scrambled eggs!)
- Fill 6 small ramekins about 3/4 of the way full with batter.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until middle is just set, you want the bottom half of the cake to be the consistency of pudding. Check with a toothpick if unsure!
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- The cake should be spongy on the top and a pudding consistency inside. Checking with a toothpick starting at twelve minutes of cook time ensures you don’t under of over bake this treat.
- The cake is done when a toothpick inserted comes out gooey on yhe bottom half but clean on the top half.
- Serve dusted with powdered sugar and vanilla ice cream on the side for the best results.
Keywords: chocolate melting cake, carnival melting cake, carnival chocolate melting cake