This traditional pound cake is a slight variation on the classic recipe, instead adding a richer flavor with the addition of brown sugar and vanilla. The perfect dessert alone or with berries and whipped cream or ice cream!
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar for dusting if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9″ loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer combine butter and sugar and beat at medium high speed 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time continuing to mix one minute in between eggs.
- Add vanilla and beat one more additional minute.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add flour, then milk. Batter will be quite thick.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and tap gently to settle. Bake for 1 hour or until top is a golden brown. Allow to cool completely before removing from pan.
Keywords: pound cake