This old fashioned butter pound cake is easy to make from scratch with just a few simple ingredients you probably already have on hand!
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar for dusting if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9" loaf pan with parchment paper or spray thoroughly with nonstick spray.
- In a stand mixer combine butter and sugar and beat at medium high speed 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time continuing to mix one minute in between eggs.
- Add vanilla and beat one more additional minute.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add flour, then milk. Batter will be quite thick.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and tap gently to settle. Bake for 1 hour or until top is a golden brown. Allow to cool completely before removing from pan.
- you MUST use room temperature butter and eggs
- do not skip the minute of beating in between adding ingredients
Keywords: pound cake