Easy Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cake is not only beautiful but delicious! Perfect easy dessert recipe for entertaining!
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9″ springform pan generously with baking spray
- In a mixer combine butter and sugar and beat on medium speed 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, molasses, and milk and continue to mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to mixer a little at a time while mixing on low until combined.
- Set 1/4 cup chopped strawberries aside and fold the remaining strawberries and 1 cup of the chocolate chips gently into the batter.
- Pour batter in prepared baking dish. Top batter with remaining strawberries and chocolate chips, tapping lightly to set into batter.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 and continue to bake an additional 45 minutes or until cake is golden brown and toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool 20 minutes on a wire rack, serve warm or cool. Dust with powdered sugar before serving if desired.
You may use an 8″ baking dish instead of the 9″ springform pan , simply add up to 10 minutes extra baking time as needed.
Keywords: strawberry chocolate chip cake