Chocolate Chip Banana Bars are a delicious way to use up overripe bananas! They come together quickly and bake in just 30 minutes for a sweet snack the entire family will love!
- 4 overripe bananas, peeled
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 11.5 ounce bag chocolate chip baking morsels, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas well. Add oil, milk, egg, and vanilla and stir until blended.
- Add brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, and stir until uniform. Fold in half of the chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into the prepared dish. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Adapted from Butter with a Side of Bread
Keywords: banana bars, chocolate chip banana bars