These 30 minute breakfast egg muffins are an easy, low carb, keto friendly breakfast on the go and perfect for meal prep!
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Mexican or cheddar cheese
- 6 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- salt & pepper as desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a muffin pan liberally with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs and milk and whisk until blended.
- Stir bacon and cheese into the egg mixture.
- Use a ladle to fill each muffin cup 3/4 of the way.
- Bake 25 minutes or until centers are set.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- I like to use a silicone muffin pan but if you have a standard muffin tin you can either spray it with nonstick spray or use cupcake liners. If you decide to go the muffin liner route, use the high quality ones so they don’t stick to the eggs.
- Pour the egg mixture only 3/4 of the way full as the eggs rise as they bake.
- Let the muffins cool 10-15 minutes before removing from the pan so they can set. Run a butter knife or thin spatula around the edges to help it release if needed.
- Store up to 5 days in the refrigerator or one month in the freezer. Reheat in microwave 1 minute from frozen, 10-15 seconds from chilled.
Keywords: breakfast, egg muffins