How can you make a dinner staple like a meatloaf even better? Add cheese of course! This flavorful easy Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf is packed with ooey-gooey mozzarella cheese, making this a family-friendly recipe you'll turn to again and again!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/3 cup milk
- 8 ounce mozzarella cheese, cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine beef, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, Worcestershire, spices and milk. Knead with hands until combined.
- Divide the meatloaf in half. Press one half into the prepared pan.
- Place the cheese down the center of the meat. Top with remaining beef and press down to seal sides.
- Bake for one hour in preheated oven.
- Let rest 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Meat should be 160 degrees Fahrenheit when fully cooked. If the temperature is reached it is ok if slightly pink in color.
- Lean ground beef is preferred. Higher fat percentage beef will cause there to be grease in the pan after baking, pour off before slicing if necessary.
- Keep leftovers in fridge up to 3 days.
- Freeze meatloaf by wrapping in two layers of foil and placing in a freezer bag. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Keywords: cheese stuffed meatloaf