Cheddar Chive Mashed Potatoes are creamy and flavorful. Perfect for holidays such as Thanksgiving or Christmas but easy enough to make for weeknight dinners too!
- 6 large Yukon potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup half and half (more for a thinner consistency)
- 4 tablespoons chives, chopped
- salt to taste
- Cut potatoes into 1″ pieces and add to large pot. (You may peel your potatoes if desired, I leave my peels on.)
- Cover potatoes with cold water and add salt. Bring to a boil and cook 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and return to pot.
- Add butter and mash with a potato masher to your desired consistency.
- Stir in sour cream, half and half and cheese.
- Continue to stir until cheese is melted and incorporated into the potatoes.
- Stir in chives and season to taste with salt.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: mashed potatoes, cheddar chive mashed potatoes