Springtime favorite carrot cake in cupcake form! Perfectly spiced carrot cake with a creamy, delicious cream cheese frosting. Perfect for Easter dessert.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 medium carrots
For the frosting:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 stick butter, softened (4 tablespoons)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a food processor (or I use my Ninja Blender) shred carrots finely, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine sugar, oil, and eggs and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and nutmeg. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly add dry mix into wet mixture while mixing on medium speed.
- Mix until just combined-do not over stir.
- Fold in carrots and pour into muffin pan, filling each almost full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack until room temperature.
- For the frosting combine cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl and mix on medium speed until creamy and uniform.
- Add vanilla and then slowly add powdered sugar.
- Frost muffins once completely cooled.
- Top with chopped walnuts if desired.
- Serve immediately or store covered and refrigerate up to 3 days.
Keywords: carrot cake muffins