Bread Pudding is one of those old-fashioned easy recipes every home chef should have on hand. It uses only a few common household ingredients and can be whipped up in no time!
- 1/2 loaf of day old French or Italian bread or challah bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8 inch square baking dish.
- Rip bread into bite-size pieces and place into the baking dish.
- Pour melted butter over the bread.
- In a medium bowl combine milk, sugar, egg, cinnamon, and vanilla. Stir to mix.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread, trying to cover it all. Use the back of a spoon or fork to press the bread into the egg mixture so every piece soaks some up.
- Bake 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 19.2 g
- Sodium: 191.6 mg
- Fat: 5.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.2 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 6.8 g
- Cholesterol: 81.5 mg
Keywords: bread pudding