These Boursin and Bacon Puff Pastries are an elegant appetizer that is deceptively simple to make!
- 24 puff pastry cups (in the freezer section)
- 1 large egg
- 12 oz thick cut bacon, chopped in 1/2″ pieces
- 5.2 oz package Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- While oven is preheating brown chopped bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook until just beginning to crisp. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Lay puff pastries on a baking dish as directed on the box.
- Mix egg and 1 tbsp water and brush sparingly over pastries with a pastry brush .
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and use the handle end of a wooden spoon to push in the middle section of the cups.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Fill each pastry cup with Boursin cheese and top with bacon and green onion.
Keywords: bacon puff pastries