There aren’t many more All-American recipes than classic Egg Salad! Hard-boiled eggs are chopped and mixed with mayonnaise, mustard, and topped with crunchy green onion to create the best egg salad recipe out there.
- 8 large hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 chopped green onion if desired
- Chop hard-boiled eggs and add to bowl.
- Stir in mayonnaise, mustard, and onion. Season to taste.
- Serve chilled.
- For a heart-healthy and keto egg salad try making egg salad with mashed ripe avocado instead of mayonnaise
- Change up the flavor of this basic egg salad by using dijon mustard instead of traditional or experimenting with add-ins like chopped green or red onion, fresh celery, relish, or dill
- I like to top my egg salad with a sprinkle of paprika or Old Bay for extra flavor!
Keywords: egg salad, classic egg salad, southern egg salad