Craving Chocolate Cake? This is my absolute best chocolate cake recipe! Once you try it you’ll never go bought to cake mix again!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot black coffee
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour two nine inch cake pans. Line the bottom with parchment paper if available.
- Add sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in coffee. Batter will be very thin.
- Place the prepared pans on a baking sheet and pour in the batter. The cake will rise a lot so do not overfill.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minute before removing from pan to a wire rack and allowing to cool completely before frosting.
- If you don’t want to use the coffee you may substitute hot water instead.
- Cake batter will be runny.
- Cake rises a LOT, do not overfill cake pans and place pans on a baking sheet to protect oven in case they overflow.
Keywords: chocolate cake