These easy prep banana muffins taste straight from the bakery with a delicious brown sugar crumble topping!
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Walnuts (optional)
- For the Topping:
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously grease a muffin tin.
- Combine the first nine ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well blended.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins about 3/4 full. (Helpful hint: spray your spoon with nonstick spray before beginning to scoop the batter so it slides off the spoon easily!)
- In a small bowl mix the flour and brown sugar for the topping.
- Cut in butter with two knives until uniform.
- Spoon topping over muffins and press lightly into batter.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes until toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean and topping is golden.
Keywords: banana muffin, banana muffin with crumble topping