This is hands-down the best pumpkin muffin recipe I've ever tried. Sweet, dense muffins packed with pumpkin flavor are topped with a sweet brown sugar crumble, making this a recipe you'll turn to again and again!
For the muffins:
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 15 oz can Libby Pumpkin Puree
- 4 eggs
- 2.5 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
For the topping:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Grease muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a mixer combine pumpkin, eggs, sugar, water, and vegetable oil and mix on low until just blended.
- Add flour mixture to mixer and mix until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin until almost fun (about 1/2" below top of muffin pan)
- Prepare topping by mixing flour, brown sugar, sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Cut in butter with two knives or pastry blender until blended.
- Spoon topping over batter, pressing lightly to join to batter.
- Bake 22-28 minutes or until toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan or in wire rack, store in airtight containers.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. To freeze, cool completely and wrap individually in plastic wrap then store in a freezer-safe container or freezer bag.
Keywords: pumpkin muffins