Move over boring dry cornbread, this Bacon Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread is moist and packed with loads of flavor! It’s the perfect spicy side for chili, barbecue, or even soup!
- 2 packages Jiffy Cornbread Mix
- 2 cups frozen or canned corn (drain corn if canned)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 large jalapeño, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9 by 13 inch casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl combine cornbread mix, corn, milk, sour cream, and butter and stir to combine.
- Add half of the bacon and cheese along with the jalapeño and stir to mix.
- Pour batter into the prepared dish and top with remaining bacon and cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Adjust the spice in this cornbread by how you prep the jalapeño. For spicier cornbread, leave the seeds, pith, and ribs in as you chop the pepper. To reduce the heat, remove them before chopping the pepper.
Keywords: cornbread, cheese, spicy, bacon jalapeño cheddar cornbread