Dump cakes are an easy, all-American dessert recipe that can be prepped in just ten minutes. This Apple Pecan Dump Cake takes all the flavors of fall to a new level for the perfect autumn dessert!
- 21 oz can apple pie filling
- 1 box Butter Pecan cake mix (use yellow cake mix for a sweeter dessert)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp chopped pecans
- 6 tbsp butter or margarine, softened or melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add apples to a 9 by 9 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over apples.
- Add brown sugar evenly over cake mix.
- Add pecans and top with small slices of butter evenly over the top of cake mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Try to break any large cake mix clumps up so they absorb the butter.
- You can also melt the butter or margarine first and pour it over the cake mix.
- You can change up this Apple Dump Cake recipe by using yellow cake mix or spice cake mix instead of the butter pecan. You can also omit the pecans or try walnuts instead.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream or topped with whipped cream!
Keywords: apple pecan dump cake, apple dump cake, pecan dump cake