Apple Cinnamon Muffins are filled with delicious apple bits and perfect cinnamon spice swirl. These easy muffins are perfect for breakfast but indulgent enough to be dessert as well!
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large apple, peeled and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl, combine white sugar and butter and mix until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla and continue to beat on medium speed until combined.
- Add flour and baking powder, then milk.
- Fill each muffin liner halfway with batter.
- Cover with half of the apples.
- Pat apples into batter with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle with half of sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Pour the remaining batter over apple layer; top with remaining apples and add more brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Pat topping into the batter with the back of a large spoon. Swirl with a butter knife if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Keywords: apple cinnamon muffins, apple muffins