– 2 cans Campbell’s® Cream of Mushroom Soup – 1 cup milk – 2 teaspoon. soy sauce – ¼ teaspoon. ground black pepper – 4 cans Green Beans, drained – 2 ⅔ cups French’s®Crispy Fried Onions
– 1 pound fresh green beans, ends removed – 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil – 4 tablespoons unsalted butter – 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced – 2 sprigs fresh thyme – 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour – ¾ cup heavy cream – ½ cup whole milk – 2 cloves minced garlic – ¼ cup grated parmesan – salt and pepper – 1 cup fried onions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 2. In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Drop in green beans and cook for three minutes. Drain and set aside. 3. In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook for two minutes without stirring to brown. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and thyme. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring mushrooms occasionally until deep brown on both sides and tender. Set aside.
4. In a small saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-low heat. Add flour and whisk constantly until the roux turns golden brown, about 5 minutes. 5. Continue to whisk as you add heavy cream and milk. Increase heat to medium and simmer, whisking occasionally, until sauce thickens and bubbles, about 5-6 minutes. 6. Remove the sauce from heat and stir in garlic and cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
7. Remove thyme sprigs from mushroom and arrange both green beans and mushrooms in a 9 by 9 baking dish. Pour sauce over the vegetables and stir slightly to mix. 8. Cover dish tightly with foil and cook for 25 minutes. 9. Remove foil and cook an additional 15 minutes. 10. Sprinkle onions over the top of the casserole and cook an additional 5 minutes. 11. Let sit ten minutes before serving.