This flavorful pasta dish is just what the doctor ordered for Meatless Monday vegetarian dinners! Combine sun dried tomato with asparagus and a light, cheesy sauce for a meal that’s sure to please-no meat needed!
- 8.5 oz julienne cut sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 20 asparagus spears cut into 2” sections
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 lb pasta of your choice, cooked and drained
- fresh basil for garnish (if desired)
- Add tomatoes (in oil) and garlic to large saucepan over medium high heat and cook until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the asparagus spears, milk and cheese.
- Continue to cook on medium heat stirring constantly until cheese is melted, then reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Toss with pasta and garnish with chopped fresh basil if desired.
Keywords: vegetarian pasta, asparagus pasta, sun dried tomato pasta