Summer Berry Salad is the perfect flavorful summer salad recipe. Baby spinach is topped with strawberries, blueberries, walnuts, feta cheese and drizzled with a wonderful balsamic vinaigrette to finish it off.
Summertime is the perfect season for salads with all the fresh produce readily available, and this berry salad is my favorite! It takes just a few minutes to toss together and a few simple ingredients: spinach, berries, walnuts, feta, and a delicious balsamic dressing that brings all the flavors together.
I love salads with a hint of sweetness and this time of year, with blueberries and strawberries in abundance, it’s the perfect time to add them to some nutrition-packed spinach and top with crunchy walnuts and creamy feta cheese.
While I find this salad filling on its own with the walnuts, fruit, and cheese, you could easily add some grilled chicken to add more protein.
To make the salad simply toss together the ingredients then top with dressing.
- feta cheese
I like to top it with a homemade balsamic vinaigrette but you can easily use a store-bought version as well.
Flavor variations and add-ins
There are tons of ways to make this salad your own, consider these additions or substitutions:
- goat cheese
- red onion
- sliced almonds (plain or toasted)
- sunflower seeds
- chopped fresh basil
Tips for best results
- Because of the fresh berries, this salad is best assembled the day you will eat it. If you are meal prepping, prepare the dressing separately and add it just before eating so the salad does not get soggy.
- Store undressed salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to one day.
If you try this recipe, please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
This sweet and savory salad is the perfect way to use abundant summer berries.
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 pint blueberries
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- balsamic vinaigrette to taste
- Toss together all ingredients and top with dressing.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: berry walnut salad
What are your favorite summer salad combinations?