Give your favorite treat an autumn twist with this Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treat recipe-perfect for fall parties!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 10 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Measure pumpkin out on layers of paper towels. Blot until moisture stops seeping out. Set aside.
- Spray a 9″ by 13″ pan with non stick spray. (Use a smaller pan for thicker treats.)
- In a medium saucepan heat butter until melted. Add pumpkin, vanilla and spices and stir to combine. Add marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Add cereal to large bowl. When marshmallow mixture cools to room temperature (about 30 minutes) pour over cereal and mix well. Spread mixture in the prepare pan and allow to set at least 30 minutes before cutting.
- Blotting the pumpkin and allowing the marshmallow mixture to cool are essential to preventing treats from being soggy-do not skip these steps!
- Spray mixing bowl and spatula with nonstick spray for easier mixing and cleanup!
Keywords: pumpkin rice krispie bars