Capture the sweetness and nutty flavor of traditional pecan pie in this easy to make and serve Pecan Pie Muffin Recipe!
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a muffin tin with a generous amount of baking spray or oil and flour generously-don’t skip this step or they will stick due to the caramelization of the sugar!
- Combine all ingredients in a mixer except pecans and mix on medium speed until combined, about two minutes. Stir in pecans.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins, filling 3/4 of the way (they do not rise much,) batter will be thin.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until edges are golden brown and a toothpick in the center comes out just barely clean.
- Allow to cool five minutes before removing to a rack. (If muffins don’t release from tin easily, run a butter knife around the edge to loosen.)
- It is essential to oil and flour the muffin tin or use a spray like Baker’s Joy. Even if you use muffin liners, they need to be sprayed or the liner will stick to the muffin.
Keywords: pecan pie muffins