Oatmeal Banana Muffins are a delicious and filling breakfast recipe that you can whip up in less than 20 minutes!
I love banana recipes. Not only because bananas are probably the most inexpensive fruit at the grocery store, but their sweetness lends itself so well to baked treats, like these Oatmeal Banana Muffins I’m sharing today.
These are more of a breakfast muffin rather than a super sweet dessert muffin. If you are looking for a sweeter, more treat-like muffin I recommend this Banana Muffin with Crumble Topping recipe, but if you are looking for something to grab on the run for breakfast or a filling afternoon snack, this is the banana muffin for you!
Why I love this recipe
- the oatmeal added in makes them extra filling
- bananas are high in potassium, magnesium, and fiber (source)
- the Greek yogurt adds in protein
- no mixer required, you can stir this up by hand
- you can be digging in to a fresh warm banana oatmeal muffin in just 20 minutes
- vanilla Greek yogurt
- vanilla extract
- brown sugar
- quick oats
- baking soda
- baking powder
- ground cinnamon
- all-purpose flour
Step by step
- Mash bananas and mix with the other wet ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients separately, then stir into the wet ingredients and blend.
- Scoop into a muffin tin and bake about 15 minutes.
If you try this recipe, please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
A hearty, filling breakfast Oatmeal Banana Muffin recipe. Not too sweet to have for breakfast but full of flavor!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl mash bananas with a potato masher or fork. Add eggs, butter, yogurt, and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl mix remaining dry ingredients. Add dry mixture into wet and stir until just mixed. Scoop into muffin pan filling each cup ¾ full.
- Bake 14-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 5 days.
Keywords: oatmeal banana muffins, banana muffins, oatmeal muffins
Here are a few other banana recipes we love: