These skinny brownies offer all the rich dark chocolate without the calories and fat of traditional recipes!
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/3 cup Zing™ Baking Blend
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp espresso or strongly brewed coffee, cooled
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8 by 8 inch baking dish liberally with nonstick spray.
- In a stand mixer combine butter and Zing™ Baking Blend.
- Mix on medium speed until creamed, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl, whisk together.
- Add eggs, vanilla and espresso to butter mixture until uniform.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add dry mix to bowl.
- Add yogurt and continue to mix until just blended. The batter will be very thick!
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts and spread into baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of dish comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack before slicing.
Keywords: espresso brownies