Update your standard Rice Krispie Treats for birthdays or Halloween with these adorable Monster cereal treats!
- 2 cups each Count Chocula®, Boo Berry® and Franken Berry® cereals (You could also use 6 cups of one variety if you wanted)
- 5 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 tbsp butter
- 24 oz vanilla almond bark or white chocolate chips
- eyeball sprinkles
- various colorful sprinkle for decoration
- Pour each of your three cereals into separate bowls.
- Spray a 9 by 11 casserole dish with nonstick spray. In another large mixing bowl, microwave butter for 30 seconds or until melted.
- Add marshmallows and stir to coat.
- Microwave an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour 1/3 of the mixture in each of the cereal bowls and stir to coat the cereal.
- Press each of the mixtures into the casserole-here’s a helpful hint…spray your hands with nonstick spray and use your hands to press the mixture into the dish, it won’t stick to your hands and you’ll be able to get more compact, dense cereal treats!
- Allow to harden completely in the freezer for one hour. Freezing them helps make them easier to cut and helps them to retain their shape as you coat them with candy later.
- After an hour cut the treats into 18 pieces.
- In a bowl melt half of the almond bark at a time according to package directions.
- Assemble your decorations.
- Use two forks to move your treats to the bowl of almond bark and an spoon if necessary to pour the melted candy over the bars to coat.
- Place on a wax paper lined baking sheet to set.
- Immediately after coating press eyeball sprinkles and any other decorations into the candy.
Keywords: monster rice krispie treats