This Lemon Ice Cream Pie is the perfect dessert for lemon lovers. Made with lemon gelato and vanilla ice cream nestled in an amazing lemon OREO crust, the pie is topped with whipped cream.
- 1 package lemon Oreos
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 pint lemon ice cream, I used Limoncello Gelato
- 1/2 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/2 cup whipped cream
- lemon for garnish if desired
- Remove lemon ice cream to counter to soften.
- Pulse Oreos in a food processor or blender until they are finely crumbed.
- Microwave butter for one minute or until melted in a medium bowl.
- Mix Oreo crumbs and melted butter until uniform.
- Press crumb mixture into a springform pan or pie pan to form the crust.
- Layer lemon ice cream over crust to form the bottom layer of the pie.
- Place pie in freezer for one hour.
- Five minutes prior to removing pie from freezer remove vanilla ice cream from freezer to soften.
- Spread vanilla ice cream over the lemon ice cream to form the second layer of the pie.
- Again, replace in freezer for at least an hour to harden.
- Lastly spread the whipped cream over the ice cream layers.
- Garnish with lemon zest if desired and freeze for one hour before serving.
Keywords: lemon ice cream pie