Lemon and garlic combine with shrimp and buttery noodles for an easy 15 minute weeknight dinner!
This Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta is one of my very favorite fast weeknight dinners to make when I’m in the mood for a lighter but flavorful meal. The lemon and garlic are the perfect complement to the shrimp and tossing it with buttered pasta makes it mouth-watering delicious! I love that it can be ready on the table in just 15 minutes!
This easy shrimp pasta recipe doesn’t require fancy ingredients, just the basics are enough to pack it full of flavor!
- minced garlic
- large shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- lemon juice
Step by step
Prepare spaghetti according to package directions, set aside and keep warm. Meanwhile in a large saucepan melt butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add shrimp and salt and pepper and cook about 3 minutes until shrimp are bright pink and firm (don’t overcook!) Remove from heat and add cooked pasta, tossing to coat thoroughly. Add additional lemon juice if desired. Serve immediately.
Tips for best results
- don’t overcook the shrimp, cook just until bright pink, then remove from heat to avoid tough, rubbery shrimp
- you can easily substitute diced chicken in this recipe, just adjust cooking time to ensure the chicken is cooked through
- serve with shredded romano or parmesan cheese if desired
If possible I would suggest making this recipe when you can eat it immediately, reheating shrimp can be tricky. The entire recipe comes together in about 15 minutes so it’s easy to whip together quickly.
You can freeze this recipe in a freezer-safe container up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in refrigerator and reheat on the stovetop for best results, adding more butter if it seems dry.
I use large shrimp, about 14-16 count, but you can use whatever size you prefer. Smaller shrimp will cook faster and jumbo shrimp may take longer so use the color of the shrimp as your guide, cook until just bright pink.
You can use thawed frozen shrimp in this recipe. Thaw according to package instructions before cooking.
I do NOT recommend pre-cooked shrimp in this recipe, by time they are heated through they will be overcooked.
You might also like these recipes:
If you try this Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta recipe, please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
Flavorful lemon and garlic shrimp tossed with buttery noodles for an easy 15 minutes meal.
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 1 stick butter (½ cup)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and cleaned (I don’t mind mine tail on but you can certainly buy tail off!)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup lemon juice (about 1 ½ medium lemons juiced) plus additional to taste
- Prepare spaghetti according to package directions, set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile in a large saucepan melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and salt and pepper and cook about 3 minutes until shrimp are bright pink and firm (don’t overcook!)
- Remove from heat and add cooked pasta, tossing to coat throughly.
- Add additional lemon juice if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: shrimp pasta, lemon shrimp pasta, garlic shrimp pasta