Being stuck at home doesn’t have to be boring. These kid’s boredom buster activities are fun and educational!
Interesting times call for creativity, right? With much of the country and, in fact, world, stuck at home for the foreseeable future I thought it would be fun to share some creative and low-tech boredom busters for the kids.
I’ve created a printable version of the list which you can have emailed to you by filling out the form below. I’ve also listed the activities below along with some helpful links. I hope these help you keep the peace in your home and provide the kiddos with fun, creative, and NON-SCREEN activities!
Boredom Busting Activities for Kids
- Write letters to family
- Watch birds and make graph of types
- Learn Morse Code and tap through walls
- Learn 10 new big words
- Experiment with paper airplane design
- Paint or draw a still life
- Calculate area and perimeter of rooms
- Find, pick, and dissect a flower
- Facetime grandparents
- Build a pillow fort and read Greek myths (my favorite book/audiobook, affiliate link)
- Send drawings to a local nursing home
- Create Venn diagram comparing and contrasting pets
- Write a poem with sidewalk chalk, affiliate link outside
- Learn and tell 3 new jokes
- Draw a map of your home or neighborhood
- Find 10 rocks smaller than a nickel
- Learn to shine shoes
- Color a map with places you’ve been
- Write down every verb you say for a day
- Watch a nature documentary
- Stay up late and explore constellations
- Build a rain gauge and place outside. Graph results each day.
- Collect leaves and draw them, compare and contrast
- Research a famous person and give a presentation on their life
I hope this list is helpful to you. If you have additional activity suggestions, please leave them in the comments below to help inspire us all! We’re in this together!