Crack Chicken is a deliciously cheesy, bacon, and ranch flavored combination that will become an instant favorite. Enjoy over rice, pasta, or on its own for a keto-friendly low carb comfort food!
- 8 pieces thick cut bacon, chopped into 1” pieces
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 ounce packet of ranch seasoning
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- rice, pasta, or cauliflower rice for serving if desired
- Turn Instant Pot to saute mode and cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from Instant Pot and remove grease.
- Return bacon to Instant Pot and add chicken, broth, and ranch seasoning. Stir to mix.
- Seal the Instant Pot and close the vent. Choose manual mode and set timer for 12 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to release pressure naturally for 10 minutes then vent the valve to release remaining steam.
- Shred chicken with two forks.
- Return the Instant Pot to Saute Mode and add cream cheese. Stir until melted.
- Serve over rice or pasta if desired and top with shredded cheese and green onion.
- to thin the sauce, add chicken broth or water
- to thicken the sauce make a cornstarch slurry (tablespoon of cornstarch in 3 tablespoons of cold water) and add to the pot, stir until thickened
- feel free to substitute homemade ranch seasoning if you are worried about sodium content
Keywords: crack chicken, ranch, bacon, instant pot